PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana is a Central Government Scheme. Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana was launched by the Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi on 22 January 2019. Through this scheme, the Indian government will sponsor a Religious Tour to the Non-Residential Indian (NRI). Under the PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana, all the expenses of the beneficiaries will be handled by the Indian government.
The NRI citizens whose age is between 60 to 65 years are eligible to apply for the PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Scheme. Through this scheme, the Indian Government wants to promote religious tourism in the country. PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana is a 25-day nationwide tour plan program.
|Scheme Name||PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Launch date||22nd January 2019|
|Beneficiary||World Wide NRI|
|Category||Central Govt. Scheme|
Ministry of External Affairs implements the PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan scheme. Countries like Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and, Tobago, and Jamaica will get priority under Pravasi Teerth Darshan Scheme. A group of 40 people will be able to travel to different religious places in India. This scheme will promote tourism in India and help NRIs to learn about the culture and religion of the country.
People can get benefits of Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana 2 times a year. Beneficiaries don’t need to pay any trip charges or fees. All the expenses of the tour will be handled by the Indian Government. The main motive of this scheme is to make people understand the culture of India as well as the strength of India, which is Unity in Diversity.
Pravasi Tirth Darshan Yojana Apply Online:
Step 1: Visit PM Pravasi Tirth Darshan Yojana official website
Step 2: If you registered already then enter your Login ID and Password.
Step 3: Otherwise, click on ‘For Registration- Click Here‘
Step 4: After this application form will be displayed
Step 5: Fill in the application form with valid information and submit your form
The main objectives of PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana are as follows-
Religion tourism will be promoted through this scheme.
Indian culture, as well as the religion of India, will be promoted through this scheme all over the world.
For promoting religious places in India this scheme will be helpful.
This scheme will also help to promote the tourism department of India.
The main factors of PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana are as follows-
- Under this scheme, NRIs will be able to see the various religious places of India during a 25 day period.
- Under this scheme, all the expenses will be borne by the government of India.
- Priority will be given to citizens of Girmitiya countries.
- The candidates can apply for the scheme through the online application process.
- The first visit under this scheme was done by Indian peoples who attended the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas which was held on 24 January 2019 at Prayagraj Kumbh in Varanasi.
PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana Benefits:
The applicants can get a lot of benefits under the scheme. Detail about the benefits of this scheme is given below:
- All non-resident Indians can take advantage of this scheme.
- The Government of India has promoted this scheme in order to boost tourism.
- Thereby increasing the gross domestic product of India.
- All non-resident Indians of India can benefit from the scheme by learning about Indian culture and religion.
- The applicants will get a free trip under this scheme.
- Applicants do not have to pay expenses under this scheme.
To get the benefits applicants must have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the scheme. Applicants must have to check the details before applying for the scheme. Eligibility criteria for Pravasi Teerth Darshan Scheme are as follows-
- This scheme can only be applied to NRI Indians, hence the candidate must be an NRI.
- Indians who were born in India only.
- Preference will be given to people originally from indentured countries.
- The applicant age ranges between 45 and 65 years.
The following documents are required to complete the registration process under this scheme-
- Income Certificate
- Residential proof
- Age certificate