Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana launched on 1st July 2015 with the witticism of “Har Khet Ko Paani”, the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) is being carried out to extend developed region with the guaranteed water system, decrease wastage of water and further develop water use productivity. PMKSY not just spotlights on making hotspots for the guaranteed water system, yet additionally making defensive water system by bridling precipitation water at the miniature level through “Jal Sanchay” and “Jal Sinchan”. The miniature water system is additionally boosted through an appropriation to guarantee “Per drop-More harvest”.
The focal Government has distributed 4 thousand crore rupees to ranchers of various states under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Irrigation Scheme ‘Per drop more harvest’. To get the most extreme yield from the utilization of less water, the public authority has declared this bundle for the dribble water system to the ranchers.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Objectives:
The objectives of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana are as follows-
- Enhance physical access to water on farms and expand cultivable area under assured irrigation (Har Khet ko Pani)
- Ensure convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level (preparation of district-level and, if necessary, sub-district-level water use plans)
- The overall integration of sources of water, their distribution, and their efficient use, and ensuring the most efficient utilization of water with appropriate technologies and practices.
- Increasing efficiency in the use of irrigation water and other water conservation technologies to increase production per drop of water
- Increasing recharge of aquifers and introducing sustainable water conservation practices
- Improving water management on farms to reduce wastage and increase availability
- Implementing the watershed approach to integrate the development of rainfed areas for soil and water conservation, groundwater regeneration, runoff arrestment, livelihood options, as well as other NRM activities
- Explore the possibility of reusing treated municipal wastewater for peri-urban agriculture
- Increase private investment in irrigation through extension activities on water harvesting, water management
- Increase crop alignment with farmers and field functionaries
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Eligibility Criteria:
- Ranchers of any class, classification are qualified to benefit from this plan.
- It is obligatory for all the candidate ranchers to have their own farming area.
- In this plan, individuals from Self Help Groups, Trusts, Cooperative Societies, Incorporated Companies, Producer Farmers’ Groups are qualified to take benefit by enlisting.
- Ranchers who have been developing the land under the Lease Agreement throughout the previous seven years can likewise exploit the PM Krishi Irrigation Scheme.
- Just residents (rancher siblings) dwelling in India are qualified to exploit this Prime Minister Agricultural Irrigation Scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Benefits:
PMKSY has been formed amalgamating progressing plans viz. Sped up Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP) of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation (MoWR, RD&GR), Integrated Watershed Management Program (IWMP) of Department of Land Resources (DoLR), and the On-Farm Water Management (OFWM) of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation (DAC).
ADVANTAGES OF MICRO-IRRIGATION-
- Higher Profits
- Water Saving & Water Use Efficiency (WUE)
- Less Energy Costs
- Higher fertilizer-use efficiency (FUE)
- Reduced Labour Costs
- Reduce Soli Loss
- Marginal Solis & Water
- Efficient & Flexible
- Improved Crop Quality
- Higher Yields
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Features:
- PMKSY tries to give a total answer for ranch level water system prerequisites and it has a slogan “Har Khet Ko Pani” that implies a guaranteed water system for each homestead
- The task additionally plans to incorporate water system with the most recent innovative practices and cover more cultivable regions under a guaranteed water system
- Increment the execution of water-saving advancements and accuracy water system which as such can be said as More Crop Per Drop
- PMKSY additionally focuses on the advancement of the miniature water system as sprinklers, downpour firearms, dribbles, and so on Miniature water system saves water as well as decreases the utilization of composts to a huge level
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Important Document
Required Document to Apply Online
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- identity card
- Housing Certificate
- Farm papers
- Bank Account Passbook
- mobile number
- Passport Size Photo
Check out the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana pdf
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana components:
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana consists of three major components implemented by various ministries. The components of PMKSY are as follows-
Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Component : Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP)
- Component : Har Khet Ko Pani (HKKP)
- Sub component : Command Area Development (CAD)
- Sub component : Surface Minor Irrigation (SMI)
- Sub component : Repair, Renovation and Restoration (RRR) of Water Bodies
- Sub component : Ground Water Development
Department of Land Resources, Ministry of Rural Development
- Component : Watershed Development
Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- Component : Per Drop More Crop
Objectives of Components:
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana has the following program components:
1. Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP)
To concentrate on rapid consummation of continued Major and Medium Irrigation including National Projects.
2. Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (Har Khet ko Pani)
- Creating new water sources through Minor Irrigation (surface and groundwater), repairing, rehabilitating, and renovating waterbodies
- Strengthening the carrying capacities of traditional water sources, building rainwater harvesting structures (Jal Sanchay)
- Creating a command area for the agricultural community, and ensuring that it is connected to the farm through distribution networks
- Development of groundwater in areas where it is abundant in order to create a sink for storing runoff/floodwater during the peak
- Water bodies would benefit from improved water management and distribution systems that would harness the already available resources not utilized to their fullest capacity (i.e. taking advantage of low-hanging fruits). At least 10% of the command area is to be covered under micro/precision irrigation.
- Transfer of water from the sources of abundant water to the water-scarce areas, lift irrigation from water bodies/rivers at lower elevations to supplement requirements beyond IWMP and MGNREGS regardless of irrigation command.
- The revival and creation of traditional water storage systems such as Jal Mandir in Gujarat, Khatri in Himachal Pradesh, Kuhl in Himachal Pradesh, Zabo in Nagaland, Eri, Ooranis in T.N., Dongs in Assam, Katas in Odisha and Bandhas in M.P., etc. at feasible locations.
3. Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (Per Drop More Crop)
- Program the executives, arrangement of State/District Irrigation Plan, endorsement of yearly activity plan, Monitoring, and so forth.
- Advancing effective water transport and accuracy water application gadgets like dribbles, sprinklers, turns, downpour – firearms in the ranch (Jal Sinchan).
- Besting up of information cost especially under common development past as far as possible (40%), under MGNREGS for exercises like coating delta, outlet, sediment traps, dissemination framework, and so forth.
- Development of miniature water system constructions to enhance source creation exercises including tube wells and burrowed wells (in regions where groundwater is accessible and not under semi-basic/basic/over-took advantage of a class of advancement) which are not upheld under AIBP, PMKSY (Har Khet ko Pani), PMKSY (Watershed) and MGNREGS according to obstruct/region water system plan.
- Auxiliary stockpiling structures at the last part of the waterway framework to store water when accessible in overflow (stormy season) or from enduring sources like streams for use during dry periods through viable on-ranch water the board
- Water lifting gadgets like diesel/electric/sun-oriented siphon sets incorporate water carriage pipes, underground channeling frameworks.
- Expansion exercises for the advancement of logical dampness preservation and agronomic measures including editing arrangement to expand the utilization of accessible water including precipitation and limit water system necessity (Jal sarankchan);
- Limit building, preparing, and mindfulness crusade including minimal expense distributions, utilization of pico projectors, and minimal expense films for empowering potential use water source through mechanical, agronomic, and the board works on including local area water system.
- The expansion laborers will be engaged to spread applicable advances under PMKSY solely after imperative preparation is given to them particularly in the space of advancement of logical dampness preservation and agronomic measures, improved/creative dispersion frameworks like line and box outlet frameworks, and so forth Proper Domain Experts will go about as Master Trainers.
- Data Communication Technology (ICT) mediations through NeGP – A to be made use in the field of water use effectiveness, accuracy water system innovations, on-ranch water the board, crop arrangement, and so on, and furthermore to do serious checking of the Scheme.
4. PMKSY (Watershed Development)
- Converging with MGNREGS for enhancing water sources in identified backward rainfed blocks including renovation of traditional water bodies.
- Reducing runoff water by improving soil and moisture conservation practices, such as ridge area treatment, drainage line 5 treatment, rainwater harvesting, and other allied activities.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana duration:
With a budget of Rs. 93,068 crore, which includes Rs. 37,454 crores in central assistance to States, the Krishna Sinchayee Yojana will run for five years with a financial outlay of Rs. 50,000 crores. Participating States have been approved for the continuation of the Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP), Har Khet Ko Paani (HKKP), and Watershed Development components starting in 2021.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Scheme overview:
- PMKSY seeks to achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level.
- PMKSY has been formulated amalgamating schemes viz. Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) of Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation; Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) of Department of Land Resources; and On Farm Water Management (OFWM) component of National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA) of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation.
- All the States and Union Territories including North Eastern States are covered under the programme.
- PMKSY is to be implemented in an area development approach, adopting decentralized state level planning and projectised execution, allowing the states to draw their irrigation development plans based on district/blocks plans with a horizon of 5 to 7 years. States can take up projects based on the District/State Irrigation Plan.
- The National Steering Committee (NSC) of PMKSY under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Prime Minister, will provide policy direction to programme framework and a National Executive Committee (NEC) under the chairmanship of Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog will oversee the programme implementation at national level.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Targets:
Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme
- All out extra water system potential creation focused on during 2021-26 under AIBP is 13.88 lakh hectares. Aside from centered fulfillment of 60 continuous ventures including their 30.23 lakh hectare order region improvement, extra tasks are to likewise be taken up.
- The incorporation models have been loose for projects under ancestral and dry spell inclined regions.
- Focal subsidizing of 90% of water parts for two public activities, specifically Renukaji Dam Project (Himachal Pradesh) and Lakhwar Multipurpose Project (Uttarakhand) has been provisioned.
- The two undertakings would give the start of capacity in the Yamuna bowl helping six conditions of the upper Yamuna bowl, increasing water supply to Delhi to Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, UP, Haryana, and Rajasthan, and a significant stage towards the restoration of Yamuna.
Har Khet Ko Pani (HKKP)
- Under HKKP, surface minor irrigation and repair-renovation-restoration of water bodies component of PMKSY is targeted to provide additional 4.5 lakh hectare irrigation.
- In view of the importance of rejuvenation of water bodies, a paradigm shift in the funding of their rejuvenation in both urban and rural areas, with significant expansion of their inclusion criteria, and enhancement of central assistance from 25% to 60% in the general area.
- Ground Water component of HKKP, approved provisionally for 2021-22, targets the creation of irrigation potential of 1.52 lakh hectares.
- The fruition of authorized tasks covering 49.5 lakh hectare rainfed/corrupted terrains to bring extra 2.5 lakh hectare under defensive water system,
- A particular arrangement for the advancement of spring sheds has been remembered for the program.