Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PM- KMY) was launched on 24 February 2019. Prime Minister Narendra Modi first launched the PM- KMY scheme in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur city.
The government launched Pradhan Mantri Mandhan Yojana to provide social security to the marginal farmers when they become old. The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana furnishes financial support to the farmers for taking care of their expenses in their old age.
Farming needs hard work in the fields and old age makes it challenging to do the farm-work. Through Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana government will support the farmer’s income and make assurance of their expenses in old age.
The problem is heightened with the small and marginal farmers as they do not have any savings. Thus, the government introduced the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana to provide secured monthly pensions to old age small and marginal farmers. Both male and female farmers who attain 60 years of age can get benefits through this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana Features:
- The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation, and Farmers Welfare are in partnership with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), which assists the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana.
- The LIC is the Pension Fund Manager and is responsible for the payment of pension under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana.
- The PM Kisan scheme provides a systematic and voluntary contribution-based stipend system for all small and marginal landholding farmers throughout India.
- Through the Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, the Central Government donates an equal amount as a donation by the eligible farmer to the pension fund under the PM- KMY.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana Benefits:
- A minimum fixed pension of Rs.3,000 per month is given to the small and marginal farmers who complete 60 years
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana is a voluntary contributory pension scheme
- a Pension Fund of the amount between Rs.55 to Rs.200 need to be contributed by the farmer every month
- The Contribution fund amount depends on the farmer’s entry age
- The Central Government also contributes an equal amount as the farmers contribute to the Pension Fund
- On the death of the eligible farmer, the farmer’s partner receives 50% of the pension as a family pension
- The family pension is functional only for the partner of the farmer
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana Eligibility:
The minimum eligibility criteria for the PM- KSY are as follows-
- Small and marginal farmers who own cultivable lands up to 2 hectares as per the land records are eligible for the PM- KMY application
- The age of the farmers should be between 18 to 40 years
The excluded category of farmers under the PM- KMY are as follows-
- Farmers who are covered under other social security schemes such as the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation scheme, National Pension Scheme (NPS), Employees’ Fund Organization Scheme, etc.
- Farmers who have been selected for the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan Dhan Yojana (PM-SYM)
- Farmers who have been selected for the Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-LVM)
Following are individuals of the higher economic status are not eligible for the benefits under the scheme-
- All institutional landholders
- Present and former holders of constitutional posts
- Present and former Ministers
- Chairpersons of District Panchayats
- Mayors of the Municipal Corporations
- State Ministers and Members of Rajya Sabha, Lok Sabha
- State Legislative Councils
- State Legislative Assemblies.
- Individuals who have paid income tax in the last assessment year
- Professionals like Engineers, Doctors, Chartered Accountants, Lawyers, and Architects
- All retired and serving employees and officers of the Central or State Government
- Autonomous institutions under the government
- Regular employees of the Local Bodies (Class IV/Multi Tasking Staff /Group D employees)
PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana Documents Required:
- Aadhaar card
- Identity card
- Farmyard measles
- Income certificate
- Mobile number
- Age certificate
- Khashra Khatauni of Land Area
- Passport size photo
- Savings Bank Account / PM- KISAN Account
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana Online Application:
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan yojana registration process can be done online as well as offline. The PM-KMY enrollment process is free of cost. The online registration process is as follows-
- Individuals have to visit the official website of the PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana.
- Individuals can also apply for the scheme by visiting their nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) with the required documents
- The process of enrollment for PM-KMY offline is as follows:
- The Village Level Entrepreneur shall complete the online registration for the PM-KMY by filling in the details of the eligible farmer
- The online system will automatically calculate the monthly contribution to be paid by the farmer according to the age of the farmer/subscriber
- The subscriber needs to pay the first subscription amount to the Village Level Entrepreneur in cash
- The printed Enrolment form should be signed by the subscriber
- The VLE will scan the enrollment form and upload it online
- A unique Kisan Pension Account Number (KPAN) is generated, and the Kisan Card will be printed
Check out the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana PDF.
Here, we cover a small piece of information about the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana. For the application process and to know more about the PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana Scheme and other schemes you can visit the PM- KMY Yojana Official Website. Stay tuned to get notified about the other Government schemes.