This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana India has been launched for people who do not have bank accounts. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is a National Mission for Financial Inclusion. This Yojana provides financial support and services to individuals that do not have any Bank Account. Through this Yojana, individuals get access to financial services like credit, remittance, basic savings & deposit accounts, pension in an affordable manner, insurance.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana India scheme was launched in the year 2014. About 4 crore bank accounts have been opened when the scheme was launched in. Persons who do not have a bank account can open a Bank Account in any branch of the bank under a Basic Savings Bank Deposit scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Logo:
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Benefits:
- Individuals will get Interest on deposit
- The RuPay scheme ensures Accidental Insurance coverage of Rs.1 lakh
- For new account opening there is no need to pay the minimum balance.
- Some balance should be kept in account for the withdrawal of money from any ATM with Rupay Card.
- Life insurance cover of Rs.30,000/- if the account opened between 20 August 2014 to 31 January 2015.
- Individual can transfer money across India easily.
- This event enable facility of Insurnace plans and pension acess.
- If individual keep their account in good condition for 6 months then Overdraft service is available.
- RuPay debit card must be used in at least 45 days to cover Accident Insurance.
What Is Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is the scheme through which the individuals in the lower area can access the facilities of the Bank, like loans, debit cards, etc. This scheme facilitates only for those who don’t have a bank account. The Beneficiaries of Government schemes will get directly transferred to this account. This scheme also gives an overdraft facility of Rs.5000 per household. The recipient of this service should be the lady of the house. This scheme also allows an online banking feature through which account holders can check account balances from anywhere.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Features:
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme was launched on August 28, 2014. The reason behind starting this scheme is the women in the rural area. The facilities of this scheme are guaranteed to the poor people. There are many attractive features available under the PM Jan Dhan Yojana scheme.
- No need to attain minimum balance for opening bank account
- The interest rate depends upon the bank’s savings account
- Account holder receives Rupay debit card
- Transfer of money is convenient, easy, and, fast
- Accounts opened after 28 August 2018 will get accidental coverage of Rs 2 lakh
- There is an overdraft facility open for all
Eligibility Criteria for PM Jan Dhan Yojana:
- Individual’s age should be between 18 years to 69 years.
- Life insurance cover is provided only for the head of the family. If he or she is above 60, then the second eldest earning member is offered life cover. If there are joint account holders under this scheme, then the first one will get the life cover.
- If you are a part of another government scheme like ‘Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana’, you will not be eligible for the life cover offered by Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Minors more than 10 years old can also open an account under this scheme. However, this account will have to be run by their guardian.
- Minors are also eligible for Rupay cards through which they can withdraw money.
- To be entitled to the benefits that PMJDY offers, individuals can also transfer their normal savings account to a PMJDY account.
- Even individuals that have no proof of Indian nationality are allowed to open PMJDY accounts provided they are marked as ‘low risk’ by the concerned bank after doing a thorough background check.
Documents Required For Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana :
- Driving Licence
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter’s Identity Card
- ID card with a photograph issued by state government or central government
- A letter issued by Gazetted Officer with attested photo
- NREGA issued Job card signed by State Government officer
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Online Account Opening:
For Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana online account opening HDFC, ICICI, or any other bank you must first obtain an application form available on the PMJDY’s official website. This website is available in English and Hindi. Fill the application form available on-site and send it in with the required documents. The name of the application form is the Financial Inclusion Account Opening Form. There will be three sections you have to fill in the information about yourself, the candidate, and the bank where you want to open an account.
Application Process for PM Jan Dhan Yojana Bank Account:
- To apply for the PM Jan Dhan Yojana account, you ned to download the application form in PDF format from the official website for the scheme. So you can visit the PM_Jan_Dhan_Yojana official website.
- These form is available in two languages English and Hindi.
- In the form, you need to fill in the Bank Information like name of the bank, along with the bank code, bank branch, name of the village and town, block name/sub district, district, state, ward number/SSA code, village code, and town code.
- Then you have to enter your Personal Information like name, address, occupation, Aadhaar number, annual income, existing bank accounts of your family members, and details of your kisan credit card.
- To receive RuPay debit card you need to tick the checkbox.
- Next you need to enter the Nomination Details.
- Then Submit the form in nearest bank branch.
- Check the details you filled in the form twice.
- If you have any doubts related to the application you can ask bank officials for this.
Here, we covered the piece of information about the PM Jan Dhan Yojana. For Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan yojana loan online apply, registration process, and more information related to the schemes, you can visit the official website.
You can also get added information about this scheme using PM Jan Dhan Yojana Helpline Number- 1800-11-0001.