A new scheme, the PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, has been launched in India by the honorable PM Shree Narendra Modi on 9th June 2016. The scheme, the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Yojana Abhiyan, provides assistance to pregnant women experiencing multiple health issues during pregnancy.
The scheme is launched to provide free medical checkups and proper health care to these women who suffer from various health problems during pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, high sugar levels, hormonal problems, etc.
The Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) is a government initiative that provides assured and comprehensive antenatal care to pregnant women in their second and third trimesters of pregnancy, usually on the ninth of every month. It is designed to ensure that prenatal care is provided by Obstetricians/Medical Officers at designated health facilities.
Assam launched this program on 9th June 2016, at present a total of 286 Facilities are selected, which include Civil Hospitals, FRUs, and Government-run Health Facilities with high caseloads for PMSMA services. In the 31st July episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat’, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India urged doctors across India to dedicate twelve days in a year to this initiative.
About PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana:
The scheme provides free check-ups for pregnant women from three to six months in all government hospitals, health centers, and medical establishments. This includes measurements such as blood pressure, weight, sugar level, hemoglobin test, blood test, screening, and other tests.
There are various types of stickers doctors use in their medical cards to mark the patients.
|Red stickers||Serious patients|
|Blue stickers||High blood pressure|
|Yellow stickers||Other decease|
Primary health centers, private clinics, private nursing homes, government hospitals, district hospitals, and medical centers will all be concerned in arranging this program on the 9th of every month.
PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan Features:
Features of PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan are as follows-
- This scheme is for the pregnant women
- On the ninth day of every month, the check-up will take place
- All medical check-ups will be free of cost
- Medical centers, hospitals, private clinics, and government health centers will host these checkups
- Each woman suffering from different health issues will be marked differently so that doctors can easily detect the problem
- This check-up process will contain the health of the mother as well as the health of the child
PM Surakshit Matritva Yojana Eligibility:
- The plan is for pregnant ladies as it were
- Ladies who are in their three months to half-year pregnancy will be qualified to take the plan
- It is for the ones who are not from metropolitan regions, semi-metropolitan and rustic regions will be liked
PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan Objectives:
Objectives of PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan are as follows-
- The main motive of the scheme is to deliver a healthy life to pregnant women
- To lower the possibility of motherhood mortality rate
- To aware pregnant women of the disease, they are suffering from
- To make sure a safe delivery of the baby
- To aware pregnant women about the upbringing of the child and caring for them
PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan Benefits:
- A normal examination will cut down the odds of weighty expire.
- During pregnancy, a ton of sicknesses show up, and with this plan, ladies can know about their wellbeing, particularly ladies from reverse classes, rustic regions, and uninformed ladies.
- It will be letting down the maternity death rate.
- Denoting every understanding with various shaded stickers will make it simpler for the specialists to treat the patients.
- Going for customary check-ups will cut down the odds of becoming ill during pregnancy.
- The examination doesn’t need any cash. It is a free help.
PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan Service Packages:
- Sharing your clinical history alongside routine assessments including pulse, fetal heart sound, stomach filter, and so forth to distinguish any difficulties or dangers during the pregnancy.
- Tests for explicit examination mentioned by a recipient visiting a general wellbeing community will be gathered and shipped to the fitting area by the ANM for testing. The ANM will likewise keep in contact with them and advise them about the outcomes regarding the tests directed.
- A clinical official will likewise inspect each PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan recipient. Ladies with high-hazard pregnancies can be treated by either the obstetrician or gynecologist present or be alluded to higher offices by giving them reference slips that notice the finding and treatment.
- Every lady can go through one ultrasound during her pregnancy including costs towards ultrasonogram administrations, whenever needed, to be made under a PPP model.
- Every lady is given an MCP card with data about her condition and hazard factors through shading composed stickers. Green demonstrates no dangers, red is for high-hazard pregnancies, blue for hypertension because of pregnancy, and yellow for those with comorbid conditions like diabetes, and so on
- Individual or gathering guiding on rest, nourishment, risk signs or entanglements, family arranging, security, and care during pregnancy among others is to be given to all ladies before they leave the office.
Public health facilities that implementing PMSMA:
Government healthcare centers that are authorized to partner and implement the PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan in both rural and urban areas are as under:
|Primary health centers||Dispensaries in cities|
|Community health facility||Health posts in urban areas|
|Rural or district or sub-district hospital||Maternity homes|
|Medical college hospital|
Pre- conditions for Facilities who Organizing PMSMA:
Health facilities that function as PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan centers should have the following capabilities: the ability to conduct various diagnostic tests, requisite personnel, and medical supplies, including-
Medical staff: ANM or GNM, BEmOC trained Medical Officer, lab technician, pharmacist, ANM or SN trained in counseling, Sonologist or Radiologist for USG Lab Investigations
Diagnostic capability: Facility to conduct tests for hemoglobin, urine albumin, sugar, blood sugar (Dipstick), malaria, VDRL, HIV, etc
Drugs: Iron and folic acid, paracetamol, chloroquine, folic acid(400mg), Cal(500mg) and VitD3, Albendazole, Methyldopa, Labetalol tablets, antibiotics such as Ampicillin, Metronidazole, Amoxicillin, Trimethoprim & Cotrimoxazole, Dexamethasone injection, Labetalol injection