The NIPUN Bharat Mission officially launched on 5th July The mission is being launched by the Central Government. It refers to the “National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy”. It is included in the overall education program: Samagra Shiksha School education.
In order to make sure that every child in the country reaches Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) by Grade 3, the Ministry of Education has launched NIPUN Bharat (National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy) by the end of 2026 or 2027. NIPUN Bharat Mission will be implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education (MoE) at the National level.
As part of a centrally sponsored scheme known as Samagra Shiksha, a National Mission has been announced to provide access and retain children in the foundational years of schooling, build teacher capacity, develop high-quality and diversified Student and Teacher Resources/Learning Materials, and track student progress in achieving learning outcomes.
What is NIPUN Bharat Mission:
- The Nipun Bharat Mission Plan has been launched by the Service of Schooling on fifth July 2021.
- The complete name of the plan is Public Drive for Proficiency in Perusing with Comprehension and Numeracy.
- A cutthroat climate will be made through this plan.
- Through this, information on fundamental proficiency and numeracy can be granted to the understudies.
- Through the Expertise Plan, each kid will be provided the capacity to peruse, compose and learn number juggling before the finish of class III constantly 2026-27.
- The plan will be carried out by the Division of School Training and Proficiency.
NIPUN Bharat Mission Features:
There is a unique aspect of the Mission in that the goals are set through Lakshya Soochi, or Targets for Foundational Literacy and Numeracy, by the end of grade 3. Although the overall aim is to achieve the desired learning outcomes by grade 3, to generate greater awareness among parents, the community, and volunteers the Lakshyashas have been formulated from Balvatika to Grade 3.
Based on the learning outcomes developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), international research, and ORF studies, a child should be able to read 45 to 60 words per minute, and at least 60 words per minute, from an unknown text with comprehension and clarity, by the end of Grades II and III.
It is expected that NIPUN Bharat Mission will be most successful if teachers are empowered to develop their pedagogical skills. As a result, NCERT is developing a special package for teaching foundational literacy and numeracy under NISHTHA, and around 25 lakh teachers teaching in pre-primary to primary grade will be trained this year.
Students Covered Under NIPUN Bharat Mission:
The mission will focus on offspring of the age gathering of 3 to 9 years including pre-school to Grade 3. The kids who are in Class 4 and 5 and have not accomplished the central abilities will be given individual educator direction and backing, peer backing, and age-suitable and profitable evaluated learning materials to obtain the fundamental skills.
The objectives and goals of the mission are needed to be executed by all governments, Government Supported and Non-public schools with the goal that widespread procurement of FLN abilities can be accomplished by 2026-27.
NIPUN Bharat Yojana Objectives:
- The main objective of The Nipun Bharat Mission is to develop knowledge of basic literacy and numerator within the students.
- Through this scheme, by the end of class III by 2026-27, the student will have the ability to study, write and learn arithmetic.
- The scheme will be very effective for the development of children.
- Through the NIPUN Bharat Yojana, children will now be able to get knowledge of basic literacy and numerator in time.
- This will lead to their mental and physical development.
- The NIPUN Bharat Mission will be conducted by the Department of Education and Literacy.
- The scheme will be a part of the school education program Samagra Shiksha.
- The scheme has been launched under the new education policy.
- Through the Skillful India Scheme, children will also be able to understand the logic of the area of number, measurement, and size.
- To enable children to become motivated, independent, and engaged readers and writers with comprehension possessing sustainable reading and writing skills.
- To make children understand the reasoning in the domains of number, measurement, and shapes, and enable them to become independent in problem-solving by way of numeracy and spatial understanding skills.
- To ensure availability and effective usage of high-quality and culturally responsive teaching-learning material in children’s familiar/home/mother language(s).
- To focus on continuous capacity building of teachers, headteachers, academic resource persons, and education administrators.
- To actively engage with all stakeholders- teachers, parents, students, and community, policymakers for building a strong foundation of lifelong learning.
- To ensure assessment ‘as, of and for’ learning through portfolios, group and collaborative work, project work, quizzes, role plays, games, oral presentations, short tests, etc.
- To ensure tracking of learning levels of all students.
- To ensure an equitable and inclusive classroom environment by incorporating play, discovery, and activity-based pedagogies, linking it to the daily life situations of the children and formal inclusion of children’s home languages.
Foundational Literacy and Numeracy:
The prior information on the language helps in building education abilities in dialects. The vital parts in Primary Language and Proficiency are-
- Oral Language: Development Incorporates further developed listening appreciation; oral vocabulary and expanded discussion abilities. The encounters in oral language are significant for creating abilities in perusing and composing.
- Decoding: Involves interpreting composed words in light of understanding the connection among images and their sounds
- Reading Fluency: Refers to the capacity to peruse a text with precision, speed (automaticity), articulation (prosody), and appreciation that permits kids to make importance from the text. Numerous youngsters perceive aksharas, yet read them relentlessly, individually.
- Reading Comprehension: Involves building significance from a text and methodical reflection about it. This area covers the capabilities of getting texts and recovering data from them, just as deciphering texts.
- Writing: This area incorporates the abilities to compose aksharas and words just as composing for articulation
Foundational Numeracy means the ability to reason and to apply simple numerical concepts in daily life problem-solving. The major components of early mathematics are-
- Pre-number concepts: Count and understand the number system
- Numbers and operations on numbers: Learn shows required for dominance of Numerical strategies, for example, the utilization of a base-ten framework to address numbers
- Shapes and Spatial Understanding: Perform straightforward calculations in her/his own particular manner up to three-digit numbers and apply these to their day to life exercises in various settings
- Measurement: Understand and utilize standard calculations to perform activities of expansion, deduction, duplication, and division on numbers up to three digits
- Information Handling: Identify and expand basic examples beginning from rehashing shapes to designs in numbers, decipher basic information/data in his/her day to day routine exercises
NIPUN Bharat Mission Outcomes:
Expected outcomes of the NIPUN Bharat Mission are as follows-
- Central abilities empower to keep kids in class accordingly lessening the dropouts and further developing progress rate from essential to upper essential and optional stages.
- Movement-based learning and a favorable learning climate will work on the nature of training.
- Inventive teaching methods, for example, toy-based and experiential learning will be utilized in study hall exchanges subsequently making learning upbeat and connecting with movement.
- Concentrated limit working of instructors will make them engaged and give more noteworthy independence to picking the instructional method.
- Comprehensive advancement of the kid by zeroing in on various areas of improvement like physical and engine improvement, socio-passionate turn of events, proficiency and numeracy advancement, mental turn of events, fundamental abilities, and so on which are interrelated and reliant, which will be reflected in an All-encompassing Advancement Card.
- Kids to accomplish more extreme learning directions which might emphatically affect later life results and business.
- Since pretty much every youngster goes to early grades, accordingly, center at that stage will likewise benefit the financial disadvantageous gathering along these lines guaranteeing admittance to fair and comprehensive quality instruction.
Here, we cover a small piece of information about the NIPUN Bharat Mission. For the application process and for NIPUN Bharat Mission Online Application visit the NIPUN Bharat Mission Official Website. Stay tuned to get notified about the other Government schemes