The Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana provides financial assistance to villages with more than 50% Scheduled Caste residents. Under this program, the government implements many plans to develop the villages.
The Central Government of India started the Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana rural growth program. Using a combination of state and central schemes, this program ensures the growth of villages with high rates of people from scheduled castes by allocating monetary support to the villages.
As a Government of India initiative, Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY) aims to empower deprived sections of society by implementing all relevant central and state schemes simultaneously. It was launched in March 2010 as a pilot project for the integrated development of 1000 villages each with a substantial SC population.
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana Objectives:
To ensure integrated development of the selected villages into “model villages” objectives of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana are as follows-
- They have all essential physical and social frameworks for their financial turn of events and fulfill the standards referenced in the vision of an Adarsh gram to the greatest conceivable degree.
- Uniqueness among SC and non-SC populace as far as normal financial markers (for example proficiency rate, finish pace of rudimentary instruction, IMR/MMR, responsibility for resources, and so forth) is dispensed with, the pointers are raised to a minimum the level of the public normal, and
- All BPL families, particularly those having a place with SCs, have food and vocation security and are empowered to cross the destitution line and acquire a satisfactory work
- All youngsters complete no less than eight years of schooling, and
- The rate of hunger, particularly among kids and ladies, is killed.
- Unapproachability, separation, isolation, and abominations against SCs are killed, as are other social disasters like victimization young ladies/women, alcoholism and substance (drugs) misuse, and so on, and all areas of society can live with pride and equity, and in concordance with others.
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana Vision:
A Model town is one that has a sufficient physical and institutional framework, in which the base requirements of all segments of the general public are completely met; they live in concordance with one another, as likewise with the climate, and a town that is moderate and dynamic. These towns ought to be covered with every one of the offices important for noble living, establishing consequently a climate in which every one of its inhabitants is empowered to use their capability without limit. These villages should, inter alia, satisfy the following criteria:
- Have to be associated with the closest significant street by an all-climate street. Moreover, in the event of a multi-village town, all villas ought to be associated with one another by an all-climate street.
- Access for all to safe drinking water on a feasible premise.
- All houses ought to have power.
- The town ought to have slush inside streets, and satisfactory road lighting.
- Town ought to have sufficient correspondence offices, for example, mailing stations, phones, and, if conceivable, web, and Bharat Nirman Normal Help Place (being laid out by the Deptt. of Data Innovation).
- Accessibility of sufficient financial offices through ordinary (blocks and concrete) branches in the town or in nearness, and through the Business Reporter/Business Facilitator Model.
- All inhabitants ought to have satisfactory lodging, and there should be no destitute family.
Sanitation and Environment-
- A village must comply with “Nirmal Gram Puraskar” standards concerning sanitation. It must have sanitary toilets, drains, and an efficient waste disposal system. It should also be free from dry latrines and open defecation.
- The Village should take care of its environment through
- planting trees
- water harvest action and maintenance of water bodies
- use of renewable sources of energy, such as biogas, solar energy, wind energy,
- use of smokeless chulhas, etc.
Social Infrastructure, Human Development, and Social Harmony-
- Must have an Anganwadi focus and schools of fitting levels.
- The town ought to have a sufficient and appealing structure for its Anganwadi, school, wellbeing focus, panchayat, and local area lobby. The town ought to have a satisfactory office for sports and other proactive tasks.
- All kids in the age-gathering of 3-6 ought to be signed up for and consistently go to the Anganwadi. Moreover, all kids in the 6-14 age gathering ought to be signed up for, and routinely go to class.
- All grown-ups ought to be practically proficient, and ought to approach offices for proceeding with instruction.
- Access for all to essential medical care and Regenerative Kid Wellbeing (RCH) offices, with appropriate pre-natal and risk natal consideration for moms.
- 100 percent institutional conveyances, full inoculation of youngsters, and recognition of the little family standard.
- The town as a local area should accept unique consideration of its ladies, kids (particularly young ladies), senior residents, and people with incapacities.
- There should be no open utilization of alcohol or some other inebriating substances, and their utilization overall ought to be deterred.
- All young and grown-ups of the town ought to have sufficient business and method for work, and there should be satisfactory courses of action for the advancement of abilities among them, so exceptionally that however many of them as would be prudent are in gifted business.
- Moderate and productive practices, in light of new innovation, should be utilized in every one of the financial exercises sought after in the town, particularly in horticulture, creature cultivation, fisheries, and so on
- Ought to have satisfactory admittance to gainful costs for farming and other produce of the town.
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana Area covered:
Currently, the scheme is being implemented in five states of the country Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Tamil Nadu.
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana Implementation:
To bring a region-based turn of events, the Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana was launched in 2009-10. The plan is designated towards towns that have an SC populace of half and focuses on the incorporated improvement of such villages. The execution of the plan is as per the following:
- Incorporated improvement of SC larger part towns on a very basic level through the blended execution of the applicable Focal and State Government Plans
- To take up the recognized exercises that are not covered under State and Focal plans, through ‘Hole Filling’ assets to the degree of Rs.20 lakh per town.
- For each new town chosen the plan gives an absolute asset of Rs.21 lakh, out of which 20 lakh is for the hole filling, and 1 lakh is for managerial costs at the Middle, State, Area, and Town proportion of 1:1:1:2.
- For the towns previously supported before, a part of an extra round of financing of Rs. 10 lakh for every town from the framework top of the Plan will be accommodated consistent turn of events.
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana Features:
The features of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana are as follows:
- This plan conveys various development plans for the towns.
- The plans under this plan are Bharat Nirman, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana to guarantee that towns have great streets, water conveyance, convenience, zap, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Mahatma Gandhi Public Provincial Business Assurance Act (NREGA), ICDS, cleanliness, and so on
- Towns that have over half of the booked ranks occupants’ will be qualified for this program.
- The plan’s target is to make a model town that is independent and meets the base prerequisites of each open area.
- This plan offers an office that is expected for terrific work.
Here, we cover a small piece of information about the Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana. For the application process and for the PMSGY Scheme Online Application visit the Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana official website. Stay tuned to get notified about the other Government schemes.