The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi announced the launch of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana on 1 May 2016, in Balia, Uttar Pradesh. PM Ujjwala Yojana Scheme is aimed at providing clean cooking gas connections to BPL families living below the poverty line and protecting their health by reducing household air pollution.
PM Ujjwala Yojana also known as PMUY is a scheme of the Ministry of Petroleum that provides free LPG connections to the women from the Below Poverty Line (BPL). PM Ujjwala Yojana List runs especially for the women of rural and urban households. 8 Crore LPG Connections was released under this scheme to the bereaved households. PM Ujjwala Yojana Scheme has been executed under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
This scheme provides a free LPG connection with a five-year validity and a permanent stove to poor households belonging to rural areas who do not have access to liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
PM Ujjwala Yojana Logo:
Need of PM Ujjwala Yojana:
Women in the Rural areas mostly use biogas or kerosene stoves for cooking, they have limited access to cooking gas. The spread of cylinders is common in urban and semi-urban areas but they cover mostly middle-class and affluent households. In India, the poor have limited access to cooking gas (LPG). In India, more than 5 lakh deaths are caused due to using unclean cooking fuels. The use of these unclean cooking oils causes diseases like heart disease, lung cancer, stroke, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. According to specialists, having an open fire in the kitchen is like burning 400 cigarettes an hour.
Producing LPG connections to households that are below the poverty line empowers women and protects their health. This scheme also implements job opportunities for the rural youth by adding them into a chain of supplying cooking gas. Using gas for cooking also reduces the cooking time of the women.
Features Of PM Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY):
- Under the scheme, the LPG connection is released in the name of an adult woman of the BPL family.
- Condition for receiving this scheme is that the family should not have any the LPG connection in the house already.
- Eligibility for the connection is identified according to the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) list.
- The Central Government has provided a new LPG connection with the assistance of up to Rs 1600.
- The customer paid the cost of the Hot Plate and the purchase of the first refill. Here, the customer had options to purchase hotplate and refill on loan basis from OMCs at zero interest and recovered via EMIs.
Receivers of PM Ujjwala Yojana:
A woman belonging to any of the following categories is an eligible receiver under the PM Ujjwala Yojana Beneficiary List.
- ST Households
- Most Backward Classes
- SC Households
- Tea and Ex- Tea Garden tribes
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin)
- Poor Household as per 14-point declaration
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
- People residing in Islands and River Islands
- Forest Dwellers
- Applicant must have attained 18 years of age
- SECC Households (AHL TIN)
- There should not be any other LPG connections in the same household
Goods Of PM Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY):
LPG connections are the cheapest and most convenient way to cook food at home. Using LPG gas helps in reducing oil imports as well as reduce pollution levels
The government is all set to provide LPG connections to 5 crores BPL families and provide them financial assistance of Rs 1600 for an interest-free loan to purchase Hot Plate and refill by the Oil Marketing Companies. Rs 1600 administrative cost includes a cylinder, pressure regulator, booklet, safety hose, etc.
The scheme provided employment of around 1 Lakh and provided the business opportunity of at least Rs. 10,000 Cr. for the said period to the Indian Industry. The scheme has also boosted the ‘Make in India’ campaign.
Application Process for PM Ujjwala Yojana:
The application process of the PM Ujjwala Yojana list is simple. The steps required to apply for the scheme are as follows-
- First you need to get the application form from the nearest LPG distributor or download the form from the PM Ujjwala yojana official website of pmuy.gov.in
- As per the guidelines of the scheme, the application can be made by the eligible woman of the household
- The applicant will have to submit the details like the name, address, age, Jan Dhan Bank account details, Aadhaar Number of all the members of the household
- The application will be processed by the authorities and the connection will be provided by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs)
- The applicant can also avail the EMI options that are available to them. The amount of EMI can be adjusted against the subsidy that the consumer would receive on each refill.
- You can also check out the PM Ujjwala Yojana Form PDF
Documents needed For PM Ujjwala Yojana:
Documents required for application of PM Ujjwala Yojana scheme are-
- BPL Certificate Authorised by Panchayat Pradhan/Municipality Chairman
- BPL Ration Card
- Identity proof- Ration card, One Photo ID (Aadhar card or Voter ID Card), Driving License, One Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Address proof- Lease Agreement, Telephone/Electricity/Water Bill, Copy of Passport, Flat Allotment/ Possession Letter
- Self-declaration attested by Gazetted Officer
- House Registration Documents
- LIC Policy
- Bank/Credit Card Statement
PM Ujjwala Yojana list:
PM Ujjwala yojana list is as follows-
|No.||Name of States||Connections Released|
|3.||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||13,103|
|9.||Daman and Diu||427|
|11.||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||14,438|
|21.||Jammu and Kashmir||12,03,246|
Here, we covered the piece of information about the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana List. For online PM Ujjwala Yojana registration and more information related to the scheme, you can visit PM Ujjwala Yojana’s official website. You can also get added information about this scheme using PM Ujjwala Yojana Helpline Number- 1906 and PM Ujjwala Yojana Tollfree Number- 18002666696.