Mission Karmayogi 2022, The National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB) is a reform of the Indian bureaucracy launched by the Union Cabinet on 2nd September 2020 with the objective of strengthening governance in India by building the skills of the Indian civil servants.
About Mission Karmayogi:
- Mission Karmayogi was launched by the Union Cabinet
- The aim of Mission Karmayogi is to establish the new national architecture at the individual, institutional, and process levels for civil services capacity building
- This mission will cover around 46 lakh central employees between the years 2020-2025
- Under the Companies Act 2013, a special purpose vehicle (SPV) (non-profit company) is set up to run this mission
- This SPV will manage i-GOT Karmayogi which is the online training digital platform
Mission Karmayogi Features:
Mission Karmayogi is a step towards enhanced human resource management procedures in the government. Its features are as follows:
- The transition from Rules Based to Roles Based Human Resource (HR) Management- The focus is on allocating jobs to civil servants based on their capabilities.
- On-Site Learning to complement Off-Site Learning- It is training given to the civil servants on-site.
- An ecosystem of shared training infrastructure- The adaptation of civil servants to a shared learning environment involving institutions and personnel.
- Framework of Roles, Activities and Competencies (FRACs) approach- As a result of this approach, all civil service positions will be calibrated. Additionally, all learning content for every single government entity will be developed based on this approach.
- Behavioural, Functional and Domain Competencies- To help Civil Servants develop their competencies in their self-driven and mandated learning paths.
- Co-creation of the common ecosystem by all the Central Ministries, Departments and their organizations- Every employee would receive an annual subscription fee as a way of creating an ecosystem of learning.
- Partnership with learning content creators- A wide variety of public training institutions, universities, start-ups and individual experts will have the chance to participate in this capacity-building measure.
- It is an Integrated Government Online Training advanced stage under the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD). which will convey limit building programs by drawing content from worldwide accepted procedures established in Indian public ethos.
- It will empower an extensive change of the limit building mechanical assembly at the individual, institutional, and process levels.
- Government employees should accept online courses and they will be assessed in light of their courses, their exhibitions in each course they have taken spreading across their range of administrations.
- All computerized e-learning courses of a-list content will be transferred on this stage for government employees.
- Alongside the web-based courses, administrations like affirmation after probation period, arrangement, work task and notification of opportunities and so on would likewise be coordinated on the stage.
Six Pillar of Mission Karmayogi:
Six pillars of Mission Karmayogi are as follows:
- Policy Framework
- Competency Framework
- Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Institutional Framework
- Digital Learning Framework
- Electronic Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS)
Idea Behind Mission Karmayogi:
The civil service in India is one of the pillars of the Indian administration. Any reform taken to enhance the capability of the civil service will have a positive impact on better governance.
Steps to be taken to build the capacity of civil services:
- Linking the transformation of work culture
- Strengthening public institutions
- Adoption of modern technology
Mission Karmayogi Apex Body:
The Public Human Resource Council under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister of India will be the apex body of the Mission Karmayogi. The other members of this council will include:
- Union Ministers
- Chief Ministers
- Eminent public HR practitioners
- Global thought leaders and
- Public Service functionaries
Institutional Framework of Mission Karmayogi:
The institutions that will help in the implementation of the Mission Karmayogi are as follows:
- Prime Minister’s Public Human Resources (HR) Council
- Coordination Unit headed by the Cabinet Secretary
- Capacity Building Commission
- Special Purpose Vehicle for owning and operating the digital assets and the technological platform for online training
Capacity Building Commission Objectives under Mission Karmayogi:
- It will help the Public Human Resource Council
- It will manage all focal preparation establishments which are empowered for common administrations limit building
- It will make the outer workforce and asset focused
- It will help partner divisions in the execution of the limit-building programs
- It will place forward proposals on the normalization of the preparation and limit building, teaching method, and system
- It will propose strategy mediations connected with the HR rehearses in the public authority
Here, we cover a small piece of information about Mission Karmayogi Yojana also known as The National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB). For more information visit Mission Karmayogi official website. Stay tuned to get notified about the other Government Schemes.