This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is an Indian Government Scheme that concentrated on the Rural Development of India. In addition to providing high-quality skill training opportunities to the rural poor, the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDY-GKY) is intended to create a greater ecosystem that enables the training of candidates to bring them prospects for a better future.
DUDGKY is a national agency under MoRD responsible for policy-making, funding, technical support, and facilitation. According to Census 2011, India has 55 million unemployed young people between the ages of 15 and 35 years in rural areas As a result, there is a global need for 57 million workers by 2020. This offers India a historic opportunity to leverage its population surplus to achieve a demographic dividend.
In India’s rural communities, there are several challenges preventing the poor from competing in the modern market, including a lack of formal education and marketable skills. By implementing DDU-GKY, the Ministry of Rural Development is driving this national agenda for inclusive growth. Through training projects that are benchmarked to global standards, DDU-GKY bridges this gap with an emphasis on placement, career advancement, and international placement.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana Features:
Features of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana Scheme are as follows-
- Enable Poor and Marginalized to Access Benefits
- Demand led skill training at no cost to the rural poor
- Inclusive Program Design
- Mandatory coverage of socially disadvantaged groups (SC/ST 50%; Minority 15%; Women 33%)
- Shifting Emphasis from Training to Career Progression
- Pioneers in providing incentives for job retention, career progression, and foreign placements
- Greater Support for Placed Candidates
- Post-placement support, migration support, and alumni network
- Proactive Approach to Build Placement Partnerships
- Guaranteed Placement for at least 75% trained candidates
- Enhancing the Capacity of Implementation Partners
- Nurturing new training service providers and developing their skills
- Regional Focus
- Greater emphasis on projects for poor rural youth in Jammu and Kashmir (HIMAYAT),
- The North-East region and 27 Left-Wing Extremist (LWE) districts (ROSHINI)
- Standards-led Delivery
- All program activities are subject to Standard Operating Procedures that are not open to interpretation by local inspectors.
- All inspections are supported by geo-tagged, time-stamped videos/photographs.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana Eligibility:
- For Rural Youth: 15 to 35 Years
- For SC/ ST/ Women/ PVTG/ PWD candidates: upto 45 Years
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana follows a 3-level execution model. The DDU-GKY Public Unit at MoRD capacities as the strategy-making, technical support, and assistance agency. The DDU-GKY State Missions give execution support, and the Venture Carrying out Organizations (PIAs) execute the program through skilling and position projects.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana Components:
Full social incorporation of the contenders is guaranteed by the required inclusion of the socially hindered gatherings. half of the assets would be reserved for SCs and STs, 15% for minorities, and 3% for people with inabilities. 33% of the people covered ought to be ladies.
Local incorporation of contenders is empowered through an exceptional sub-plot for the young people of Jammu and Kashmir called Himayat, which MoRD operates under ASDP for the state which covers metropolitan as well as rustic youth and Beneath Destitution line (BPL) as well as Above Neediness line (APL) people. Moreover, the Roshni scheme is an exceptional plan for ancestral regions and basic Left-Wing Radical (LWE) impacted areas with independent rules have been sent off that consider what is happening in chosen critical LWE districts. Especially it gives preparing to various time spans.
DDU-GKY Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs)
Necessary Conditions & Eligibility Criteria:
- Enrolled under Indian Trust Acts or
- any State Society Registration Act or
- any State Cooperative Societies or
- Multi-State Cooperative Acts or
- the Companies Act 2013 or the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2008 or
- Government or a semi-government organization at the State and National Level
- Presence as a functional Lawful Substance in India for multiple monetary years (Not pertinent for NSDC Accomplices)
- Positive Total assets for at least 2 out of last 3 monetary years (Not appropriate for NSDC Accomplices)
- Turnover in the abundance of at minimum 25% of the proposed project
In funding projects, priority is given to PIAs offering:
- Foreign Placement
- Captive Employment: Those PIAs or organizations that take up skill training to meet internal ongoing HR needs
- Industry Internships: Support for internships with co-funding from industry
- Champion Employers: PIAs who can assure skill training and placement for a minimum of 10,000 DDU-GKY trainees in a span of 2 years
- Educational Institution of High Repute: Institutes with a minimum National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) grading of 3.5 or Community Colleges with University Grants Commission (UGC)/ All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) funding willing to take up DDU-GKY projects.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana Funding Support:
DDU-GKY gives subsidizing backing to situation-connected skilling projects that address the market interest with financing support going from Rs. 25,696 to over Rs. 1 lakh for every individual, contingent upon the term of the task and regardless of whether the venture is private or non-residential. DDU-GKY finances projects with preparing lengths from 576 hours (90 days) to 2304 hours (12 months).
Funding elements incorporate help for preparing expenses, boarding and housing (private program), transportation costs, post-position support costs, vocation movement, and maintenance support costs.
DDU-GKY Slilling And Placement:
- Building awareness inside the local area on the potential open doors
- Recognizing country youth who are poor
- Preparing country youth who are intrigued
- Guiding of youth and guardians
- Selection based on aptitude
- Supplying information, industry connected abilities, and mentality that improves employability
- Giving positions that can be confirmed through strategies that can tolerate upping to free examination, and which pays above least wages
- Supporting the individual so utilized for manageability after arrangement
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana Training Requirements:
DDU-GKY subsidizes a variety of ability training programs covering the north of 250 trades across a scope of sectors like Retail, Friendliness, Wellbeing, Development, Auto, Cowhide, Electrical, Plumbing, Pearls and Adornments, to name a few.
The only mandate is that skill training should be demand-based and lead to the placement of at least 75% of the trainees. The exchange explicit abilities are expected to follow the educational program and standards recommended by determined public organizations: the Public Board for Professional Preparation and Area Abilities Gatherings.
Here, we cover a small piece of information about the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana DDUGKY Scheme. For the application process and for the DDGKY visit the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana official website. Stay tuned to get notified about the other Government schemes.