Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDURGJY) was launched by the government of India in November 2014 with an aim of providing continuous electricity to all rural areas of the country. The government aimed to electrify 18,452 unconnected villages by 1 May 2018.
The DDUGJY is a flagship project of the Ministry of Power and is one of the Government of India’s key initiatives. It can benefit rural households significantly since electricity is extremely important for the development and growth of the country.
However, the Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana has been replaced by the DDUGJY; thus, the RGGVY’s features will be included in the DDUGJY, which will carry on to the next year’s scheme. A 24×7 electricity supply will be provided by the program, which is one of the flagship programs of the Power Ministry.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Objectives:
The Ministry of Power, Government of India has launched Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana for rural areas with the following objectives-
- To provide electricity to all towns
- Feeder partition to guarantee good capacity to farmers and standard stock to different buyers
- Improvement of Sub-transmission and dispersion organization to work on the quality and dependability of the stockpile
- Metering to diminish the troubles
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Components:
The major components of the scheme are as follows-
- Partition of farming and non-agribusiness feeders working with reasonable reestablishing of supply to horticultural and non-horticulture purchasers in the provincial regions.
- Reinforcing and increasing of sub-transmission and appropriation foundation in provincial regions, including metering of dispersion transformers/ feeders/ purchasers.
- Miniature matrix and off framework appropriation organization and Rural jolt previously endorsed projects under RGGVY to be finished.Z
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Feature:
- As part of DDUGJY, the previously existing Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) has been absorbed.
- All distribution companies are eligible for financial help under the scheme.
- Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC) will oversee implementation.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Benefits:
- All towns and families will be energized.
- Expansion in agribusiness yield.
- Business of Small and family undertakings will develop coming about into new roads for work.
- Improvement in Health, Education, Banking (ATM) administrations.
- Improvement in openness to radio, phone, TV, web, and versatility.
- Advancement in federal retirement aid because of accessibility of power.
- The openness of power to schools, panchayats, emergency clinics, and police headquarters.
- Rustic regions will get expanded open doors for the exhaustive turn of events.
Role Of Nodal Agency:
- Provincial Electrification Corporation Limited (REC) is the Nodal Agency for the operationalization and execution of the plan under the general direction of MoP.
- The Nodal Agency will be paid 0.5% of the venture cost endorsed by the Monitoring Committee or grant cost, whichever is lower, as their expense.
- Tell every one of the rules and organizations expected for the execution of the venture now and again.
- Evaluate the Detailed Projects Reports (DPRs) prior to putting them up to the Monitoring Committee.
- Direct all works connecting withholding of the Monitoring Committee gatherings for endorsements.
- Regulate the Grant Component.
- Foster a committed online interface for the accommodation of DPR and for keeping up with the MIS of the tasks.
- Screen physical and monetary advancement of the tasks including nature of works.
- The nodal organization will send Third Party administrations of outside offices/labor supply for simultaneous assessment of undertaking execution.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Budget:
The full plan involves speculation of Rs.43,033 center which incorporates the prerequisite of monetary help of Rs.33,453 center from the Public authority of India over the whole execution time frame. All Discoms including private Discoms and State Power Divisions are qualified for monetary help under this Plan. Discoms will focus on the fortifying of provincial foundation work considering explicit organization prerequisites and will form Itemized Task Reports (DPRs) of the activities for inclusion under the Scheme. Rural Charge Corporation (REC) is the Nodal Office for the operationalization of this Plan. It will outfit month-to-month progress covers the execution of the plan showing both monetary and actual advancement to the Service of Power and Central Power Authority.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Funding Mechanism:
For States that do not belong to the special category, the grant portion is 60% (up to 75% upon achieving prescribed milestones) and 85% (up to 90%) for States belonging to the special category. The milestones for the additional grant are the timely completion of the scheme, a reduction in AT&C losses, and an upfront release of subsidy by the State government. All North Eastern States including Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttrakhand are included in special category States.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Monitoring Committee:
An agreement will be concluded between Rural Electrification Corporation, the State Government, and the Discom in order to ensure clear implementation of the scheme in accordance with the guidelines prescribed under it. A Monitoring Committee under the chairmanship of Secretary (Power) will approve the projects and monitor their implementation. A bipartite agreement will be executed in the case of State Power departments.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Implementation Mode:
The projects will be carried out on a turn-key premise. The turnkey contract will be granted in the wake of doing an open cutthroat offering process on a proper value premise (with no arrangement for value variety). The tasks must be granted within 90 days of the date of correspondence of the endorsement by the Checking Advisory group. Nonetheless, in uncommon conditions, execution on an incomplete turnkey/departmental premise will be allowed with the endorsement of the Observing Board.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Exclusion:
- Works already sanctioned under other schemes of Government of India (RGGVY, NEF, R-APDRP etc.)
- Service lines to APL consumers
- Office equipment / fixtures
- Underground cable works
- Cost of land for sub-stations
- Salaries and Establishment Expenditure
- Tools and Plants(T&P)
- AMR / AMI, Prepaid meters and Smart Meters.
- Civil works other than sub-stations
- Compensation towards right of way
- Spares (other than mandatory spares)
- Distribution automation and IT applications
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Application Form-
Check out the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana pdf
Here, we cover a small piece of information about the DDUGJY Scheme. For the application process and for the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana visit the DDUGJY official website. Stay tuned to get notified about the other Government schemes.